Open source bridge talk..

So I'm trying to formulate my talk for Open Source Bridge in Portland in June (http://opensourcebridge.org/events/2011/proposals) and since ithis is after the release, I was hoping that I could concentrate on two things:

1) the philsophy behind the design of gnome shell - eg user flow and what not
2) a talk on extending gnome-shell

I think in the past we've never really clearly defined why we designed our desktop the way it is and a lot of people never understood it they always saw it as "taking away features" and I want to talk about why it was designed the way it is (why no applets etc) and the opportunities in extending gnome-shell.

This conference has a number of web programmers (look at the proposals) and of course they all know _javascript_ so it will be a great opportunity to attract developers from that community to hack on gnome-shell and extend it.

I'd like to partner with someone from gnome-shell team to talk about the philosophy and work that went into designing gnome-shell.  I think this would be pretty helpful.  For now I'm going to put in a stub since they are gathering proposals now and then we can discuss in late April time frame when gnome shell guys will not be so busy.

sri