Re: Questions about FoG and campaigns

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:08, Og Maciel <ogmaciel gnome org> wrote:
> Since we last spoke at last year's Boston Summit I felt that people
> didn't make their priority to deliver what they had promised. Now,
> obviously being the end of the year I understand that people were
> already spread thin but our end of year campaign suffered when not all
> the moving parts came together on time. So going forward, I want to
> schedule campaigns a few months in advance so that we can all have
> enough time to work on our tasks. Would 6-month campaigns give enough
> time to deliver a well oiled campaign? I believe that there are
> already plans to do a campaign for buying hardware (sysadmin) and
> another one for a11y. We could also do one for the Women's Outreach
> program, so... should we extend the current campaign until June and
> then do back-to-back-to-back campaigns for them? That would give us 5
> months to work on them and make sure everything is ready.
>
> What do you guys think?

Yes, we didn't achieve our goals (me included) but I think there's
some great go-energy behind Andreas' redesign of the site[1]. I have
already volunteered to modify it to support the FoG videos[2]. I would
be willing to add to my volunteer responsibilities finishing what
Andreas has started (with his approval). It looks like some tweaks and
details on the site need to be ironed out and I could additionally
create, in advance, the suggested variations for each of the
campaigns.

I guess the question would be: do the campaigns switch like clock-work
or do we do it manually depending on how close we are to the goal when
the time for the next campaign period arrives?

[1] http://www.andreasn.se/diverse/temp/friends-of-gnome-2.0/
[2] http://people.gnome.org/~jclinton/FoG/