GNOME 3 release marketing - DONEs & TODOs

Allan & I did some work today driving towards publicizing the GNOME 3 release. (It looks like he'll be doing most of his work in big blocks on Thursdays & Fridays, whereas I'll probably be doing a couple of hours every weekday.)

Some updates/things we've done:

* Allan's updating the Marketing Roadmap http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/MarketingRoadmap with stuff we're doing & delegating. He also has a roughly prioritized TODO for himself on http://etherpad.tugraz.at/DFS6mqXzEc -- it would probably be good for us to transfer this kind of stuff into a proper TODO system at some point, or at least wikify it. * I'm delegating the localization of marketing messages to the awesome GNOME i18n team, and Licio Fonseca is leading the effort. * willkg is reaching out to the GNOME 3 launch parties to get good videos from them into GNOME Miro Community.

Tomorrow, I'll:

* Delegate the job of updating http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap to someone -- anyone want to volunteer? I'd like it done before the end of next week, ideally
* Research what we'll need to do to translate the videos
* Research what we'll need to do for marketing to distributions (vuntz is emailing distributor-list) * Figure out where our database of press contacts is, and start updating it with the list of people/entities we'll be contacting for GNOME 3

And then later this week:

* Talk to Zonker, use that info to make a more detailed schedule for press/media relations

Plus more stuff I shall discover tomorrow!

-Sumana