Re: speaker schedules for conference
- From: Sriram Ramkrishna <sriram ramkrishna gmail com>
- To: Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME Marketing List <marketing-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: speaker schedules for conference
- Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:03:57 -0800
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
We should think about who we are trying to reach ... existing end users, potential end users, developers, community members, distros, downstream partners, ...
All 3 of those events are very technical events and the reach would be to existing fans and community members, I think.
Excellent points. We can instead talk about vala, gobject-introspection, and extensions on these technical conferences.
If you want to market outside our community, then perhaps we could hit some educational conferences or help desk conferences. Or we could hold booths at beerfests. :-)
I think we need to start scoping out conferences for the next year and figure out how we are going to talk about GNOME 3.4.
There are a number of talks I'm thinking of presenting:
1) Open Source Bridge 2nd quarter 2012
2) Northwest Linuxfest 2nd quarte 2012
3) Linuxcon - wherever - 3rd quarter 2012
We should definitely talk about our marketing plans.
-- Sriram Ramkrishna (sriram.ramkrishna_@@_@.gmail.com (remove _@@_)
marketing-list mailing list
marketing-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev