Re: Apply for revenue sharing for your video GNOME 3: Accessing Apps Quickly

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
FYI, I have gotten an email like this for each of our videos.

Do we want to turn on ads?

(My personal thought is no. Not unless we can control what gets advertised next to us. I sit next to my kids while they watch YouTube videos and some of the ads are highly inappropriate for kids in my opinion and I wouldn't want GNOME associated with something like.)

For now I would vote 'no' as well.  But if we could control the ads, I'd love to be able to advertise applications that work well with GNOME 3.  Basically the "preferred applications".  We had talked about this before as part of highlighting apps that follow our design process, and release cycle.  It's part of the perk of being a good GNOME app.

Of course if distros want to advertise, that might be alright.  Basically, if the channel can be used to increase marketshare.. yeah. :-)

sri

Stormy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: YouTube <no_reply youtube com>
Date: Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM
Subject: Apply for revenue sharing for your video GNOME 3: Accessing Apps Quickly
To: GNOMEDesktop <video gnome org>

YouTube help center | e-mail options | report spam

Dear GNOMEDesktop,

Your video GNOME 3: Accessing Apps Quickly might be eligible for the YouTube Partnership Program, which allows you to make money from playbacks of your video.

Making money from your video is easy. Here's how it works: First sign into your YouTube account. Then, review and complete the steps outlined here:http://www.youtube.com/ivp?v=t4fhsgZbgKk.

If your video is approved, we'll start placing ads next to the video and pay you a share of the revenue as long as you meet the program requirements.

We look forward to adding your video to the YouTube Partnership Program.

Thanks and good luck!

The YouTube Team

© 2011 YouTube, LLC
901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066