Re: Stack Overflow: a de facto hub for GNOME support & questions

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Sumana Harihareswara <sumanah panix com> wrote:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/gnome
>
> There are 204 questions about GNOME on Stack Overflow (a
> trying-to-be-quality programmers' Q&A site with lots of traffic).  So if you
> have some spare time to look at new questions there, add a summary of GNOME
> for their wiki, and inject positivity, that might be a useful thing to do --
> I bet GNOME 3 questions will start popping up once it ships.

StackOverflow is part of the StackExchange network of support websites.
Another support website like StackOverflow, is http://askubuntu.com/
which fields support questions for the Ubuntu distribution.

You get awarded with points for your contributions, and you can ask
questions yourself.
If you have enough points, you can highlight your own questions for a
better chance of a good answer.
The idea of StackExchange is to create a self-sustainable support
community for your specific area of interest.

Here is the full list of support websites from StackExchange,
http://stackexchange.com/sites

Something that the GNOME Foundation can explore is what is needed
to create a 'GNOME' support website as part of the StackExchange network.

Simos
http://simos.info/blog/