Re: Mobile Donations
- From: Bharat Kapoor <3 kapoor gmail com>
- To: Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME Marketing List <marketing-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Mobile Donations
- Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:50:44 -0500
I get your message, give me some time and I will try to work on strategy to go beyond our regular user base.
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
I like the idea of mobile funding. I do think we need to know where we are going to advertise it though to reach past our current audience.
I propose we drop the Mobile funding initiative at least for the short term, till we have an Integrated marketing strategy for Gnome. Mobile funding may not work out so well in the short term because of the following reasons:
- Our focus on existing users for Gnome 3 - most of them are close to computers
- Does not work outside USA
- We need to tap into various non-profit advertising modes like TV, radio, etc before we can leverage the Mobile part.
If you have a different opinion please advise and I shall revisit. Lets revisit it again after the next Mktg hackfest.
marketing-list mailing list
marketing-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev