Re: Issue 19 Planning

On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 15:00 -0600, Paul Cutler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to everyone who worked on getting GNOME Journal Issue 18 out the
> door -  now it's time to plan the next issue!  I'm copying the marketing
> list too as we're always looking for new writers or new article ideas.
>
> I've updated our main wiki page[1] to reflect an aggressive publication
> schedule for 2010.  One of my personal goals is for GJ to continue to
> publish on a regular schedule with lots of coverage of GNOME 3.0 this
> year.
>
> Sumana and others have put some work in to our Article Wishlist page[2]
> over the last few months - is there anyone out there that wants to try
> their hand at writing an article?  Or if you have ideas for articles,
> please add them.
>
> For Issue 19, we have Jono Bacon writing an article on opportunistic
> programming and I've followed up with Stormy on a potential interview
> with an Advisory Board member.
>
> Any one else want to try and write an article?  (Maybe a Behind the
> Scenes interview with Seif about Zeitegeist?) Submissions would be due
> approximately March 10th for an April 1st publication date[3].
>
> Thanks!
>
> Paul
>
> [1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal
> [2] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal/ArticleWishlist
> [3] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal/ArticleSubmissionQueue

Just to add a couple more thoughts to to anyone who may be interested in
writing an article:

My goal is to have 3-6 articles per issue, including a developer type
article, an interview and / or Behind the Scenes, an application review,
and a GNOME or GNOME 3.0 related article.

If any of those interest you, let the GJ team know!  We're also open to
helping new authors or collaborating too.

Thanks!

Paul