Re: Mobile Funding Plan - Please comment

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 23:45 +0200, Juanjo Marin wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 23:43 +0200, Juanjo Marin wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 15:52 -0500, Bharat Kapoor wrote:
> > > http://live.gnome.org/Gnome Fund Raising
> >
> > The uri is wrong :(
>
> Sorry, it turns that http://live.gnome.org/Gnome%20Fund%20Raising
> works OK

Bharat kindly fixed the url: now http://live.gnome.org/GnomeFundRaising works perfect :)
Thanks !!!

I don't have an clear opinion about the mobile donation. In my country I
think it won't work. On small hackfests, there are few people for this
and in big events in Spain, people are used to get free gifts more than
the opposite and the audience is usually students with not to much
money. Only "fan-boys/girls" will make a donation.

Anyway, surely this is different in the USA. However, I think people
should be feel excited about GNOME project even for making a small
donation IMHO. Cool videos and demos will help on this I think.

Just my 2 cents,

-- Juanjo Marin

PD: off topic, I remember my friends and I were amazed with the Nokia
N900/Maemo5 launch video. I'd like to see a sort-of video like this of
GNOME 3.0 :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhTtsZATwBQ