Re: GNOME 3 Marketing - GNOME Shell

El jue, 01-04-2010 a las 08:27 -0400, Owen Taylor escribió:

> There's always been the idea that the tent of GNOME is broader than the
> GNOME desktop distribution and there is certainly room for other options
> than GNOME Shell in there, but when we are selling the GNOME 3 desktop
> we need to be selling a single thing.

Agree, you are right.

> So how we message the choice - what are the terms that a distribution
> should be using when talking about this choice. Should it simply be
>
>  (*) GNOME 3 - enhanced experience
>  ( ) GNOME 2 - reduced hardware requirements

This is a perfect chance to craft those distribution guidelines we
sometimes talk about. We can ask distributors to specifically frame this
two options like that, with that wording. Otherwise they can break our
message by accident by choosing other words.

Not to hijack the thread but I wonder if someone would like to take a
look at what we could possibly include in such guidelines if they are
created.