[no subject]

In fact the main Maemo components are from the GNOME Mobile Platform, a
subset of the proven, widely used Linux GNOME Platform. In addition to the
core user experience toolkit (GTK+), the platform includes crucial
functionality such as multimedia support (GStreamer), instant messaging
and presence (Telepathy), Bluetooth (BlueZ) and network service
discovery (Avahi).

[A quote from a developer explaining why GNOME helps would fit here]

GNOME mobile makes possible the desktop fit next-generation phones,
[Stormy this is an excerpt of one of your blog post, would you please
state something here?]

Last but not least we would need Quim or another NOKIA developer or
manager saying something about how GNOME Mobile helped them to make it
possible.

About the GNOME Mobile Initiative: is a community effort started in
2006 and publicly launched in April 2007 to ensure that free and open
source software is optimized for the growing Linux-based mobile device
space.

Roberto