Re: Do-Gooders and Other Free License Recipients...

Nothing inkscape cannot do. :)
We just need to create a base library of widgets.

I think what would be more important than the authoring software is to somehow incorporate UI design in the OSS design process.
There are fery few projects at the moment that do this. A good example of this is GIMP ( http://gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.com/ ). Many people are submitting gimp mockups with their ideas of what could be better. And it works. Many of the ideas have found their way into GIMP.

On the Moblin team, we are also looking into ways of how to make our design process more open and engage the community in different ways.

Hylke