Re: bugs & press

She says:

Carla Schroder also commented on her status:

"Hi Stormy, the problem apps are Gedit and Gnumeric. It's consistent no matter what distro they're installed on.

Here's the short story: Gedit will not save to a SSHFS share, it gives this error message:
'Could not save the file /home/carla/sshfs/easylist.
txt.

You do not have the permissions necessary to save the file. Please check that you typed the location correctly and try again.'

Sometimes disabling 'Create a backup copy before saving' cures it, sometimes not.

Gnumeric will not save to an SSHFS share. The save fails with an 'Operation not permitted' message. I can use File-Save As once and save it under a new name. Then subsequent saves fail.

I didn't keep a record of the bug reports or forum discussions on this,  there are many. This bug report is similar to my issue, and typical of what I remember reading:
http://www.facebook.com/l/;https://bugs.launchpad.net/sshfs-mounter/+bug/34813

If you can fix this you have mighty powers. I didn't bother pursuing it any further; ordinarily I would look for a workaround or file a bug report, but that didn't seem like it would accomplish anything in this case."

Stormy