Re: Friends of GNOME mailing list

Yes, I strongly agree.

Even if we just email them twice a year when a new GNOME version is released, I think it's important to get their sign off on opt-in / opt-out.

Paul

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
When we created the new Friends of GNOME web pages we decided not to ask people if they wanted to sign up for a mailing list and instead direct them to the Foundation list.

I think we should at least ask them if it's ok to contact them in the future. We may want to contact them about surveys, campaigns, petitions, ...

While nobody wrote back to opt out when I sent out the survey, I'd feel better if they'd said it was ok to email them.

Also, given that 97% of them are not GNOME contributors, it may make more sense to have a list for them that's more "GNOME fan" based than GNOME announce.

Yeah/neah?

Stormy