Re: Marketing Team IRC Meetings

I think we should try it once.  I'd be interested in it.

sri

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
Hello Marketing team!

We are just wrapping up our 2 day hackfest and we have lots of stuff to share.  But first, one hot topic here has been around community outreach, marketing team goals and how we accomplish those goals.

I'd like to ask the question if people on the list would be interested in having a monthly team meeting on IRC, similar to what other teams do, such as Docs, Accessibility and Bug Squad.

Short term, discussion topics can include a recap of the hackfest, some of the goals and tasks coming out of the hackfest that we want to accomplish (and those who want to sign up and help!), status updates around ongoing projects such as Friends of GNOME or the website revamp and more.

Any feedback is good - if yes, you'd like to see them, please respond back with a Yes, and potential days of the week and times that might work.  From there, I'd probably recommend using Doodle (http://www.doodle.com/) to help find a time that works for the majority.

If you don't think regular IRC meetings would be helpful, that would also be good to know, and maybe why if you'd like to share.  And if you don't want to say so on a public mailing list, I can understand as well, and would appreciate a personal email that would stay confidential.

If you could respond by Sunday so we could work on scheduling a time next week for a couple weeks out, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Paul