Re: Request for comment (marketing team): release date for GNOME 3.0

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
The release team is gathering comments from various teams to get a
proper idea of which of March or September 2010 is more appropriate for
the release of GNOME 3.0. The decision for the release date is following
what we set in the 3.0 planning document [1]: we want 3.0 to be out in
2010, but we also want to make sure that 3.0 is rock-solid; your input
will help us take an informed decision.

It'd be great if someone could summarize the status of the work that is
being done in your team, and how March or September would work for you.
We know the marketing team has a plan, so we want the timing to be good
for this plan too.

Vincent, we are having a hackfest next week in which we will all talk about this so I would like to defer this discussion until after that hackfest in Chicago.