Re: Having search engines pay for being default search engine in epiphany, deskbar applet etc

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alex Launi wrote:
>> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz gnome org
>> <mailto:aruiz gnome org>> wrote:
>>
>>     What about Yahoo!?
>>

>> Do you want to piss off Google? Remember, they're still a large
>> contributor.
>
> Again, depending on the volumes we're talking about, I doubt that we're
> on their radar.

Considering the Online Desktop effort and the interests of Google in
online services,
it would make sense for GNOME to offer extensive testing so that Google services
work very well out of the box. Of course, the same goes with other
online service providers
that are interested.

Simos