Re: Marketing, GNOME 3.0 and subteams
- From: Claus Schwarm <clschwarm googlemail com>
- To: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
- Cc: marketing-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Marketing, GNOME 3.0 and subteams
- Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 18:52:37 +0200
I have no problem with that.
What's needed, though, is a date to get a final and irrevocable decision from the release team some months before release.
Some wild guesses:
- release minus 1 month would be fine for a web campaign.
- release minus 3 months could be fine to organize local activities.
- release minus 6 months could be needed to organize media partnerships.
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
Am Donnerstag, den 30.04.2009, 19:31 +0200 schrieb Claus Schwarm:
> GNOME 3 is a large major update that is supposed to hit the streetsYes, but please don't start advertising too early, as there are still
> one a certain date. Let's advertise that.
enough major risks and blockers left (and planning about manpower in a
big Open Source project is hard).
That's why release-team clearly mentioned the option to have a 3.0 by
2.32 instead of 2.30.
We will know better in a few months if March 2010 for 3.0 is really
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://www.iomc.de/ | http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper
] [Thread Prev