Re: Premium sponsor ship offerings [WAS Re: recruiting sponsors]

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 08:11:14AM +0200, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 23:22, Stormy Peters<stormy gnome org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Jaap A. Haitsma <jaap haitsma org> wrote:
> >> I like this idea of having "Premium GNOME Foundations sponsorship"
> >> In my opinion it would be best to have this as an extra option for
> >> companies
> >>
> >> I'd start with revising the standard sponsorship fees by having more
> >> levels depending on company size
> >> 1000$ < 10 employees
> >> 2500$ < 25 employees
> >> 5000$ < 100 employees
> >> 10000$ < 1000 employees
> >> 20000$ > 1000 employees
> >
> > I think this is complicated. I think just 2-3 options is much simplier.
>
> Many people liked this option when we discussed it compared to the old system
> 5000$ < 50
> 10000$ > 50

FWIW, around 10 years ago for some small organization I had no problem
at all getting sponsored for something like 5K EUR /year. I even got the
impression that we didn't ask for enough money. This organization didn't
have the same relation as the GNOME foundation had (result was that we
wanted the company as a main sponsor, the company actually didn't care
too much).

Are these numbers based upon real investigation? I can also ask what the
office I work for used to spend on sponsorships (for organizations we
want to align ourselves with). Anyway, above numbers still come across
(for a big company) as very low IMO. See e.g.
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/join/corporate (not at all saying
we should go for those amounts, but advisory is somewhat similar to
'board seats').

--
Regards,
Olav