Re: Premium sponsor ship offerings [WAS Re: recruiting sponsors]

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:

Jaap:

* travel vouchers for x number of employees to attend GUADEC or hackfests

I don't see why we would ask them for sponsoring if afterwards we give
the money (or at least a signifcant part of it) back

Perhaps instead of travel vouchers, there could be a reduced price for
a certain number of people to attend events that have registration fees,
such as GUADEC?  At the very least, people who are on the AdBoard
should not have to pay fees to participate.  Especially if our plan is
for the yearly face-to-face meeting is supposed to be at GUADEC.

Yes. We could even do both or have it be an either/or.

* a mentor from the Board of Directors or community
Could be an option if they want it.

Might be more useful if we could clarify what the mentor would do or
help with more specifically.

It might depend on the company but we could list some options. Help with learning how to work upstream. Technical help with a particular project. Help with someone used to getting things done in the community. Someone to simply help make introductions (like the board did for me when I started.)

* access to the GNOME Foundation Executive Director
Don't they have this already?

* on-site presentations from key GNOME contributors (topics to be
determined)
If they are willing to pay travel+lodging I think it's not too
difficult to find volunteers

Or, perhaps it might be easier to arrange video-conferencing or
have IRC meetings, or find some other forum to provide presentations
without requiring travel.

We could but I bet the on-site ones would be valued more ...

* weekly updates on top bug
They can already subscribe to bugzilla

Perhaps we could provide some service to help generate attention
towards bugs that are particularly irksome for them.  Perhaps
a coding contest with reward money to fix a certain number of bugs
highlighted by those who donate money?

That's a good idea.

* others??

To summarize my thoughts on "Premium sponsorship" are the following
Cost: Extra 10K$ per year
Perks:
1) One sponsored hackfest of 5K$
2) Yearly meeting at GUADEC as I described above
3) At the top of the sponsor ship page
4) Can publish pre approved articles on GNOME news
5) Ability to have interviews placed on planet gnome or GNOME news

Any comments?

I think this is a good start, but I think we need to further explore
what sorts of services and benefits the Foundation can provide.
Agreed. My list was the start of a brainstorm ...

Stormy

Brian