Re: New Project: GNOME YouTube Video Contest

--

Yes, there is that.  I'm not sure though how to get around this.  Flash
has become a de-facto standard for multimedia on the web.  Unless of

On the other hand, success will gain us money to help fund an
alternative.

But the underlying purpose of the idea is that frequently our brand is
subsumed by the vendor/distro.  When people talk about a Redhat desktop,
SuSE desktop or whatever they refer to the default desktop for that
distro.  GNOME is hardly considered.

Having specific channels that highlight cool desktop tricks, application
tutorials like the gimp are all neat ways of bringing people from
different distros under the GNOME brand.

If there are alternatives, I'd like to hear them..

sri