Re: Brochure for potential sponsors: need help!

Shaun McCance wrote:
On Sat, 2009-02-21 at 12:35 +0100, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
Stormy Peters wrote:
Let me know what you need from me. I think I have all the text below unless someone has feedback or suggestions on it.
Kalle Persson and myself spent some time on this last night and here is a sketch. Front and back: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/184285/foundation-folder-outside.png
Inside: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/184285/foundation-folder-inside.png

Source: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/184285/foundation-folder-sketch.svg

This would be printable in only two colors (black+green), so it would be relatively cheap to print. Some text blocks ended up a bit small in size, and some parts felt a bit massive. Any darlings we can kill? Let me know if you have any feedback. I will go ahead and lay this out in Scribus now.

Might be different when it's actually on paper (things usually
are), but I find the white text on green background on the back
cover incredibly hard to read.  It's one thing to use this for
headings and eye-catchers, but it's just not enough contrast
for extended reading.
Good point. I'll change it to black.
It will also improve readability to cut down on the number of bullets and/or the amount of text in each bullet. That way we can grow the text size. Is there any of the points under 2009 that are more important than the others? "Ensure a free and secure desktop environment for everyone." is kind of already mentioned inside the folder under the header GNOME Foundation already (and under GNOME as well).
- Andreas