Re: Quick/small Friends of GNOME change

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Roberto Galoppini <roberto galoppini gmail com> wrote:
2009/2/4 Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>:
> Actually, I would be changing the definition of philanthropist to be anyone
> who gives anything.

I don't think it's a good idea, all in all you're giving
philantropists a public recognition and a gift. They are special to
us, therefore they are special for us.

They wouldn't get a gift - just recognition.

Stormy

> And I think we need some option that has no minimum. People gave $1 amounts.
> I think depending on where you live, that might be a significant donation.
> We shouldn't turn it away.

Yes, and we might give GNOME stick ads for 1$ or more, to invite
people to make small donations.