Suggestion that GNOME should better acknowledge sponsors

I was recently asked by someone in Sun to provide a list of ways
that Sun has been involved with the GNOME community.  I looked on
the GNOME Wiki for any information about this, but did not really
find anything.

This got me to thinking that we could do more to acknowledge the ways
that people and organizations help the GNOME Foundation and community.

Would it make sense to have a Wiki page where we could keep track of who
sponsored various events, hackfests, and activities?  And perhaps put
logos of all organizations that have played a significant role in
GNOME's history.

This seems like it would be a nice way to acknowledge the organizations
and people who support GNOME via sponsorships.

Thoughts?

Brian