Re: Different subscription amounts for Friends of GNOME

Stormy, Jaap,

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 07:31 -0600, Stormy Peters wrote:
> Thanks, Guy!
>
> If the month can also be variable, we should add an option for
> monthly/annual.
Yes, that's possible, we would just need to expose "t3" (Day, Week,
Month or Year). Only Month and Year make sense.

A question to the group this raised to me. We might want to have some
language here about how people would manage their "Donation
Subscription". Say something has a crunch or something, we might want to
know when they sign up how to deal with resigning or things like that
(would seem like a nice this to make them aware of). Exposing some of
the terms and conditions from Paypal might be a good idea.

What do you think?

> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Jaap A. Haitsma <jaap haitsma org>
> wrote:
>         Hi Guy,
>
>         Nice work. If the people like your changes you can sent me the
>         patch and I can commit it for you.
I emailed you already, I will be happy to do that.

>         I'd move the section "Feel like making a difference? Select
>         the amount you wish to donate every month:"
>         to the top of the page.
Sure.

>         I would also add an option to do $100 and a free form option
>         where
>         people can fill in the amount they would like to contribute.
>         We probably should check if the amount is more than 10$ or are
>         we fine if people contribute less or we should only sent a
>         t-shirt whenever a year has passed and 120$ has been
>         contributed.
In order to do this, we will need to introduce some JavaScript
dependency on the page to 'compose the form post based on user input.

If we are ok with that, I am happy to prototype it (should take 1 hour
or so). Right now the form is very clean and HTML only meaning it would
work on virtually ANY browser and be totally accessible though I have
not tried. Adding JS might alter that. Let me know if we want to proceed
with this and I can get it done.

Best,
-Guy