Re: Opinion: Stop developing for the desktop?

Release team I suppose but there are probably others.  Who is doing the _javascript_ introspection.  I know that there was some movement in doing desktop webapps but I'm not sure who is working on that.

sri

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
Marketing folks,

Who would you guys recommend we have talk to Martin?

Maybe someone from the release team (Vincent?) or who knows GNOME Mobile?

Stormy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin Streicher <martin streicher mac com>
Date: Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Subject: Opinion: Stop developing for the desktop?
To: stormy gnome org

My name is Martin Streicher and I am the Executive Editor for Application and Development Software for Linux Magazine (http://www.linux-mag.com). My focus is to inform developers about emergent development software and devices.

To launch the new concentration in the magazine, I am authoring a story tentatively titled "Stop Developing for the
Desktop?" I want to answer that question one way or the other -- is it simply better to focus on developing applications for the browser and devices or is there an opportunity for desktop applications on Linux? I don't have an opinion yet, and I would like to interview one or more developers of GNOME to get their perspective.

Would one or more interviews be possible, be they by phone or email? My deadline is Friday. Ideally, I would speak to everyone you would like me to talk to prior to Thursday morning. I will also be trying to reach other desktop developers to add more perspective.

My contact information is listed below. Please advise.

Martin Streicher
Executive Editor, Software Development
Linux Magazine

email: martin streicher linux-mag com