Re: GNOME 2.24.0 promotion

Hi,

Stormy Peters wrote:
> Can somebody fill me in on what the usual stuff is?
>     I guess we should work on the usual stuff (ie, at least a new wgo
>     splash), but I'm pretty sure we could do more than that :-)

I guess put up a new www.gnome.org splash announcing the release, and
submit news stories to the most popular news sites, push a press
release, announce on gnomedesktop.org, update freshmeat (who does that?)
and push the release notes & press release to press contacts (this is
typically done in a very ad lib fashion).

I also collect news items after each release by tagging them in
del.icio.us with gnome2XX (gnome222 for GNOME 2.22, etc. When we release
GNOME 22.0 I'll be in trouble...). Example from GNOME 2.22:
http://delicious.com/bolsh/gnome222 (what??? del.icio.us changed, and
became delicious.com). Anyone can use this tag, and others did:
http://delicious.com/tag/gnome222

Aside from that, blogging is about the extent of it. Some GNOME people
write articles for magazines, or collect press clippings.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary