Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

Behdad Esfahbod schrieb:

> Really?  Definitely not in Iran.  And not in Turkey as far as the GUADEC
> experience could tell.  How did you decide it's offensive in Islamic countries?

Maybe its more in arabic countries.

I knew that from different sources and its also in the Wikipedia
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot#In_culture) . I just today asked a
turkish friend and she also said that this can be an issue. My guess is
that modern and young developers care less about those issues. As I said
I think it is worth evaluating - and what I say was based on what I
already knew. I dont actually know how each  country is different.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Thilo Pfennig - PfennigSolutions IT-Beratung- Wiki-Systeme
Sandkrug 28 - 24143 Kiel (Germany)