[Fwd: SCALE Calls For Non-Profit Exhibitors]

Hi all,

I just got contacted by SCALE about having a booth this year - is anyone
interested in taking the organisation of this on? Eitan, are you
planning on SCALing again this year?

I had a gem of an idea a while back - rather than take one GNOME stand,
it might be easier & better to ask for a GNOME Zone, with a bigger stand
shared among a bunch of different projects - we could invite the
Inkscape guys (who always have a stand in SCALE), perhaps Akkana Peck to
have a GIMP presence, and other GNOME-related projects like those, to
create a wider-ranging and more appealing & lively stand than just "GNOME".

Looking at last year's exhibitors, at least OLPC and Inkscape might ave
been interested in co-organising stand space... add a couple more
projects in there and we start to have an attractive space.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary
GNOME Foundation member

If you'd like a expo booth for your project at the 7th Annual So Cal Linux Expo, please submit your proposal.

The proposals should be submitted in the form of a 1-page extended abstract comprising:
   1. The name of your group or open source project.
   2. A group or project logo, and contact information including name and email address. (logo needed for publishing on the website)
   3. A list or a brief description of the main points to be presented should be submitted. Please include enough detail that will enable the committee to evaluate the proposal.
   4. Describe how your participation will benefit both the Southern California Linux Expo and the attendees.

Submission formats in text or PDF will be accepted. Qualifying exhibitors will be allocated a booth in the SCALE exhibit hall which will include one 6 foot table, two chairs, one network drop and one 500 watt electrical outlet.

As we are attempting to increase awareness of open source software, it's highly desirable that demonstrations be conducted using free and open source software. All proposals shall be sent to gareth socallinuxexpo org

--- End Message ---