Re: [g-a-devel] GNOME Accessibility presentation - contribution to stock GNOME presentations

On 9/30/08, Willie Walker <William Walker sun com> wrote:
> Hey All:
>
>  Here's some quick examples of what I was thinking about for demos of the
>  accessibility support for GNOME.  The target audience currently is
>  unfortunately only for sighted people who can hear (sorry - it's my
>  first real experiment with recordmydesktop), and these are geared more
>  towards the short "elevator pitch" demo that you'd give at a talk rather
>  than intending to be a complete tutorial.
>
>  http://master.gnome.org/~wwalker/dwell-click.avi
>  http://master.gnome.org/~wwalker/theming.avi
>  http://master.gnome.org/~wwalker/keyboard-enhancements.avi
>  http://master.gnome.org/~wwalker/enable-a11y.avi
>
>  I'm kind of proud of the creative use of the cheese application in the
>  keyboard-enhancements video.  ;-)  These were just quick unscripted
>  demos that I rattled off kind of fast, so there's definitely room for
>  improvement.  I wish, for example, I knew how to edit/splice things so I
>  didn't have to do them in one take.
>
>  Let me know what you think.  If you like them, I can do more for GOK,
>  Dasher, and Orca.  I can also redo these make them a little more
>  professional if people think these are useful.  Remember, these are just
>  for giving you an idea of what's available and not meant to be
>  instructional videos.

Will, this are really cool videos! I didn't knew we had such cool
stuff in GNOME :-), congrats and thanks to everyone in the a11y team.

I say +1 to make more of this kind of videos, possibly of all our
applications showing the cool stuff we like about them, it could even
be a good way to get more people involved, perhaps a "record and show
us what you like most of GNOME" campaign, with tshirts or mugs for the
best 10 videos, what do you think?. IIRC, someone did videos on how to
do a patch also.

videos.gnome.org anyone ;)?