Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

Murray Cumming schrieb:
> To make something happen, I guess you need to suggest a particular
> design. Then the GNOME board could approve it - you need to ask the
> board for a simple yes/no decision or it won't happen.

That would be a very bad idea. Essentially a logo should be selected
with care next time. Just something different could easily be approved
by the board  but then could result in the next issue one day later. A
logo can be everything and it does not take much time to think of
'anything'. What would  be needed is a well thought through logo idea
with also some good people working on it. I think 'marketing by
accident' is like one starts programming randomly without any standards
or idea what one wants to accomplish. I would wish that some things
would change at GNOME.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Thilo Pfennig - PfennigSolutions IT-Beratung- Wiki-Systeme
Sandkrug 28 - 24143 Kiel (Germany)