Re: Boosting Friends of GNOME in 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 15:48 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

>  * Send them an email at every release pointing to the release notes
>  * Send them a quarterly/biannual newsletter of the foundation's
> activities (a text-only email will do)
>  * Solicit donations for specific programs when the need arises
>  * Inform them about the subscription options

A one-time mass mail is fine, but for anything even annual, please make
sure they either opt in or that it's clear that by their act of donation
they will be receiving these, and with clear opt-out instructions.

As for the rest of your mail, I agree that one of our main problems is
that we don't have resources to spend money where it's needed.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759