Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 22:10:10 +0000
From: LUG Radio <lugradio gmail com>
To: gnome-press-contact gnome org
Cc: show lugradio org
Subject: Gnome at LugRadio Live USA 2008

Howdy,

As you may or may not be aware, the very first LugRadio Live USA in 2008
is taking place at The Metreon in San Francisco. The event will be
happening on the 12th and 13th April 2008, and will provide the unique
atmosphere of the UK event, but in glorious San Francisco. LugRadio Live
has developed a strong reputation for providing a range of topics about
free software, Open Source, digital rights, technology and more, a
compelling list of speakers, exhibitors and birds of a feather sessions,
and wrapping it all in a unique, fun, loose, social and inclusive event,
which is often described as combining the atmosphere of a rock concert
and a computer conference.

At LugRadio Live USA 2008 we plan on bringing this unique atmosphere to
the USA, and inviting around 30 speakers, a full cast of exhibiting
projects and companies, an eclectic range of BOF sessions, and plenty of
additional sessions such as our debate discussion panel, a showcase of
five minute talks, tech demos, and of course a live recording of
LugRadio in front of an audience. We expect around 500 - 700 attendees
to the event.

Anyway, to the business in hand...

As mentioned, we'll be having an exhibition area where we want to have
projects and companies who do cool things. In the past we've had open
source projects showing off their work such as KDE, Gnome, and Ubuntu,
companies who work with Linux like Neuros, and distributors like Sun,
Red Hat and Novell. We were wondering whether you'd be interested in
having an exhibition stand at the event this year? Exhibitor space is
free; we don't charge, because LugRadio Live is a community event. The
focus is on people having a great time, not in making money :-) We'd
like it if your exhibition stand could be something fun and interactive,
rather than just a table with leaflets and advertising.

Another thing: as part of the event, we provide each attendee with a
registration bag, containing some free items from different
organisations. We try to keep the items in this bag as interesting as
possible, and in the past this has included pens, badges, software,
clothing and more. If you'd like to contribute something to the bag this
year for LugRadio Live USA 2008, we'd be happy to include it. Both the
goodie bag and an exhibition stand are excellent ways for you to be
associated with a strongly community and Open Source focused event, and
the demographic it attracts. For the bag, we will need 500 of whatever
you choose to contribute, and all you need to do is ship them to us,
there is no charge in addition to sending the items - we will add them
to the bags ready for the event.

LugRadio Live in the UK has developed a strong reputation for being
'the' community event in the UK, and we are looking to bring this to
USA. We would love if you could be one of the organisations who helped
make this happen. :)

If you're not the right person to ask about attending, we'd be grateful
if you could either pass it on to the right person for us or get back in
touch to let us know who to contact.

Any questions or queries, feel free to drop us an email in reply to this
email, and we really hope you can be a part of the event. :)

Thanks!

Adam Sweet and the LugRadio Team