Re: Mozilla Store

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org> wrote:
> Mozilla opened a community store that partners with Zazzle and let's people
> design their own Mozilla shirts for themselves and others. I think it would
> be relatively simple to do something similar for GNOME.
>
> http://communitystore.mozilla.org/

I seem to recall that in the past we've shied away from this because
of issues of brand ownership/copyright and also international issues.
Zazzle seems to have resolved at least some of these issues- they
claim to ship 'worldwide' and their ToS seems to leave clear ownership
in our hands. So perhaps this is worth looking into again. (It seems
like the communitystore is a special deal with moz, FWIW- 'run of the
mill' zazzle stores look less like their cool arrangement and more
like this: http://www.zazzle.com/sporestore+gifts (note that that is
for a fairly large brand.)

Luis