Re: [Fwd: Gtk/Cairo in real life: Ultrasound System from South of France]

Behdad:

While at that, to incorporate the idea that many (most?) people just check out
the photos and read their captions when browsing an annual report, I was
thinking that maybe we can do a photostrip (four small photos/shots in a row)
for each distro/device, with a two/three line caption.

Sun Ray is an interesting device that supports GNOME, and probably hasn't
been featured in this way before.  While not a small device in the sense of
a PDA, it is a novel thin client and has many issues similar to other small
devices (such as dealing with network latency issues).  Over the years, I'm
aware of a number of performance tweaks that have gone into GNOME as a
result of getting GNOME working on Sun Ray.

For FOSDEM last year the Sun Ray team branded some units with the KDE logo.
Perhaps they could be talked into doing a GNOME one as well?

Of course, there is also the Nokia units which use GNOME, and the One Laptop
Per Child computer.

Brian

This begs the question, what GNOME-based devices officially launched in
'08?

--d