Re: GNOME or Gnome?

Joachim wrote:

> If I'm writing the About page, I get to call the shots. ;)

Please don't turn the GNOME web-page into a place where you push a
personal agenda.

Yes, as the person doing the work, you get to call the shots. But that
shot calling must be consistent with what already exists. It's the same
reason that most projects have a coding style guide so that you know how
you should indent code you contribute.

We have conventions, those conventions make it easier for people coming
from outside the project. Please respect them. It's not productive to
keep bringing up these same old points (especially when I see Quim
spending a lot of energy addressing them, when both your and his energy
could be better spent elsewhere).

Look for the low-hanging fruit. Make sure there are no obvious mistakes,
or factual errors, or typos on the new site. Try to re-write awkward
text without changing the meaning.

Cheers,
Dave.

--