Re: Let's present cool GNOME for all new folks that do not know about open-source in the right way!

Hi,

As far as I know most of these issues were already discused and their
corresponding solutions will be incorporated into the new GNOME website, which
is to be unleashed in the nearest future. :)

Regards,
Žygis

Quoting Justinas Jaronis <justinas jaronis aksprendimai lt>:

[snip]

1. It would clearly tell in few words for inexperienced end user who
even doesn't know what the operating system is what is GNOME.

2. It would represent general GNOME experience from bright side: there
should be well illustrated presentation, maybe with some animation, that
user could "feel" what the GNOME is through his web browser.

3. It would have "cool feature" highlight list that end user could read,
see and feel why GNOME is better than windows. For example, Deskbar with
integrated Beagle search. Bleeding-edge technologies, such as
Beryl/Compiz, could also be highlighted/illustrated.

4. .. All other things that could help for first-time visitor to create
positive opinion.

5. All the content would be written in simple, easily readable style
without any technical details. All the content in this website would be
suited for inexperienced end user.
Such content layout as in http://www.gnome.org/about/ is not acceptable
- lot of text without illustrations confuse end user.

6. Simple, but attractive UI.

Our company is ready to invest some resources for this project. It would
be interesting to know what do you think about such an idea. I think it
would be worth both for us and GNOME to develop such project not on our
own, but with all GNOME community.

With regards,
Justinas