Re: redifining GNOME office.

That would be fine with me, I just want to get all the areas covered.
The major week point is the lack of a presentation app.

--Ken

On 4/4/07, Quim Gil <qgil gnome org> wrote:
Why don't we do the opposite: close officially GNOME Office and keep
working on the interoperability and integration between GNOME
applications.

Do we need a concept of "Office" for GNOME nowadays? There is a lot of
people working in offices with computers in the XXIth century, and
they use all kinds of applications.

For instance, who could strongly disagree if someone would propose a
GNOMEish Office suite made with

Epiphany - Evolution - Gaim - Abiword - Gnumeric

The sensible combinations are multiple, who are we to decide what is
Office and what is not? Also important: without MS Office and its free
clone OpenOffice, would we be discussing now about GNOME Office?

I agree the tools should be integrated, but this principle is
applicable to (at least) all the products of the official GNOME
release. No need to remark a weak "Office" concept to work on actual
functionality.