Re: LayoutPlan Clarification

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 12:56 +0100, LeeTambiah wrote:
> The Gnome Web Page Structure
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/PageStructure currently has two versions,
> layoutPlanSecondaryPage0.1.svg and layoutPlanSecondaryPage0.2.svg. Could
> we please clarify as to what version we want to go with.

0.2 is better.

> Quim, there has been some concern over the having the "related links
> block" on the right had column, how do you feel about this? (see
> layoutPlan0.2.svg). Do we need it even?

Definitely. wgo is a gateway to other GNOME subsites, we will be
offering links frequently. These links need to be nicely featured and
perhaps sometimes introduced, to avoid confusion jumping from a wgo page
to a live.go page, the bugzilla.go home, documentation in library.go and
so on.

Something to be still concerned is the body text. We don't want long
lines difficult to read. Is the body going to have a fixed max width? In
any case I would make the right column wide since we don't need so much
body width, and we can also play in the column with with promos etc.

Also, your template shows the body component aligned to the left. Is
this what you suggest? I mean, will be the body aligned to the left or
centered if I open the page in a wide screen?

> Lets dump the bread crumb component I'm happy to do so, it does not fit
> on with our theme ;-).

Agreed. We will recover if we need it.

--
Quim Gil /// http://desdeamericaconamor.org | http://pinguino.tv