Re: User oriented release notes

--- Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net> wrote:

> The
> 'users == grandma'
> myth already hurt us several times (think Spacial
> Nautilus, GNOME
> Screensaver, etc.)

Spatial Nautilus is excellent.
And GNOME Screensaver is NOT a grandma product,
because it uses abstract concepts such as "session"
and "idle" instead of "start my screensaver after x
minutes".

I guess we have to unpick the grandma thing:

"Users of GNOME == grandma" does not imply "readers of
GNOME web page == grandma".

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html