Re: Journalists contacted

Hi Sri,

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't.  I do have the business card of one of
> the British linux magazines (Linux Format I think).  I have tried
> Wired before using their web form when I was doing GUADEC press
> releases.  But I did not get any response from them.  I can try
> again next cycle or perhaps try to set up a relationship.

I also know someone over there - I'll try to drop a line to Nick Veitch
(their editor) today while dodging raindrops.

Can you try Wired this cycle, if you have a second, please? Web forms
suck, but can be useful - especially if you ask someone to get back to
you. Just give the event, and ask for someone to mail you back.

> On the international part, I hope our members in India have contacts
> in the "The Hindu" or "The Times of India".  I know my family
> members are voracious newspaper readers and I've seen enough to
> make a generalization that most Indians do.  It'll generate some
> excellent press for us if it's in the context of human interest.

Yes! Please, more international press contacts.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary