Re: wgo homepage structure

Joachim:
> I wonder how it will work at narrower browser widths.

The Web Policies say that pages must "be fluid, not having a fixed
width, supporting a minimum screen resolution of 800x600 pixels".

This certainly might conflict with the big splash banner and the next
column with promo banners as well. By now we are saying that the
homepage structure has a big banner area in the body and promo blocks in
the right column. It is up to us to define later if we fill these
components with fixed images or fluid banners.

Panos:
> Although that top bar might be nice if it was consistent on all Gnome
> related websites.

The General GNOME bar is being planned to be consistent on all the GNOME
subsites - http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/Navigation

There is a suggested 2.18 goal to make sure this bar is implemented once
it is completed: Consistent header throughout all the GNOME subsites -
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/Goals