Re: 2.16 splash

(Sorry for cross-posting, this thread should be kept in marketing-list)

Hi Jimmac, the logo was discussed a while ago in the marketing-list
(with the rest of the relase notes discussion), pity that we didn't have
your input by then.

In my humble opinion that 2.16 splash image is as released as GNOME
2.16. We can fix bugs in order to get a better 2.16.1, but I wouldn't
introduce new features. Instead, I would concentrate the effort creating
new splash images.  ;)

Possible bugs:

- Stretched font: Well, surely you are right here. However, we can't
change a slogan just because it's not cool to stretch fonts. I mean,
there must be a better way to implement graphically the slogan, but its
content should be mandatory on the design. "Simply Powerful" is the best
slogan candidate selected by the Marketing Team, and should stay as it
is. Can you find a solution keeping the current slogan?

- Tomboy logo/icon: which is the official, the one of the current banner
or the one you introduce in your proposal? We need to go for the
official one in the GNOME 2.16 release.

- Microphone icon: mmm the icons selected are there for a reason, they
were discussed as well. The Evolution icon is there because there were
Evolution improvements mentioned in the Release Notes. You could say
"but this microphone icon is cooler" and perhaps I would agree (I was
asking for cool logos 2 weeks ago). Now I think it's too late to reopen
a discussion and I would leave that envelope with a clock.

- Rest of design changes, like smaller GNOME logo, frame, shadows...
Again, we considered the current logo as pre-final like 1 week ago,
inviting anyone to suggest fine-tuning improvements. Now I think it's
too late.

Sorry if these arguments sound a bit rigid, but rigid deadlines and
releases are good for the GNOME code... and probably too to the rest of
GNOME projects.

El dv 08 de 09 del 2006 a les 00:04 +0200, en/na Jakub Steiner va
escriure: