Re: Website

I'm definitely interested being part of the wgo revamp. I keep offering
myself to lead this effort if everybody is happy with this and there is
an agreement on some basic concepts:

- Concentrate the discussion and work in one list. I think it's good to
make it clear it's a marketing-list project, being the technical aspects
a part of it but not the primary.

- See what we have at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb and see what can be
evolved or improved. This would become the official plan.

- Move from CVS to CMS in order to open and ease the development and
maintenance of the website. This CMS would be Drupal unless someone
comes with a better candidate during the planning process.

- I agree the revamp should be limited to wgo, but we need to have
something like a general plan, an agreed horizon, since some decisions
made on the wgo redesign will affect the GNOME subsites.

It is clear that this work needs to be done by a team of people, but we
have already the people needed to develop a great website. We don't need
to search much, it's the people that are already contributing to the
GNOME websites. If we get more web developers flying around GNOME,
great. The Marketing Team should have a more active role, though, at
least during the planning process. Otherwise don't complain later
on.  ;)

This is more or less how I see the situation. Once the revamped
guadec.org is launched as v1.0 I will be able to find the time needed to
start working seriously on wgo.