The way forward

Well, congratulations on another release. However, our work is never
done. Here are some ideas for the way forward:

During the 2.14 lifecycle:

-Cleanup the About GNOME page so it is actually pretty
-Showcase upcoming technologies such as Gimmie, leaftag and others.
This should be fairly informal, but lets see if we can get something
written for LWN in their weekly addition, as well as for the GNOME
Journal
-Cleanup /start/. It is awful and doesn't really tell me anything about GNOME

For 2.16:

It was a shock to me to see something other than the press release
being sent to the gnome-announce list. Given that the target audience
in my mind included LWN, I don't see the distinction. In fact LWN
picked up the much shorter community release, rather than the actually
useful press release. Because the community annoucement was the one
being sent out, I seriously doubt if anybody is going to pick up the
press release. It is incredibly hard to find. I had to go digging for
it.

So for 2.16 I propose that we do away with the community annoucement.
It only serves to confuse. To me, community annoucements come on
people's blogs and Planet GNOME, not to annouce lists.

Also for 2.16, we need a better landing page off the press release.
/start/ should be the release notes for the latest stable. Currently
to find the release notes requires three clicks of text. Not many are
going to brave that jungle.

All in all, a great release. Lets get out there and start marketing it well!

Cheers,

Corey