Re: Press releases

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 10:07 -0800, Corey Burger wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We currently have two press releases, from myself and Claus. I have
> attached both. The key difference between the two is length. Mine is
> fashioned on the 2.12 press release, as well as looking at a few other
> non-gnome ones. They tend to be short, with very few actual details.
> Claus' is longer, with more detail. My inclination is to lead towards
> shorter and push people to the excellent release notes if they want
> more in depth information.
>
> Thoughts?

Definitely yours, but you need at least one quote. Journalists like
quotes, to make stories personal. Quotes plus some bullet points give a
piece enough structure to be readable at a glance.

You should write the quote for someone and ask them to approve/adjust
it.

To encourage journalists to actually read the press release, I'd add
"and screenshots". And a link to the LiveCD, when it exists, might be
appropriate.

Well done.

--
Murray Cumming