Re: The relation with gnomefiles.org

> As I wrote to the email the marketing-list that hasn't got through yet (I
> can't seem to be able to register with this list), this is to be fixed.
> For
> example, a non-OSS license will be displayed in italics, in red color and
> maybe a popup window explaining that this is not open source. I am not
> sure
> how more clear I can make it without changing the existing DB...

Excellent. Thanks.

>>For instance, "VM Player" is listed, confusingly as
>>"freeware", and "VMware" is listed as "commercial".
>
> Actually both are correct. VMWare is commercial (or was when it was
> entered

Almost nothing is not "commercial". And "commercial" tells me nothing
about whether or not the software is either free(dom)/open or proprietary.

> in the DB) and VMWare Player is freeware.

"freeware" is not a clear term. It can easily be confused with "free
software". It is not necessary to be unclear.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com