Promotion campaign for GNOME 2.14 release?

All,

According to the timeline (http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirteen) we're about a month away from GNOME 2.14 product release.  Aside from release notes what about doing a promotional campaign for the products launch?  This would be an ideal way to generate some buzz and interest in our offering.  Some ideas:

- Do web buttons for launch day
As the blogs show our community is very web savvy.  The easiest way we could promote GNOME and get some buzz would be have community members and users to put links/buttons and banners on their site.  A small and easily achievable version of the spread firefox campaign (http://www.spreadfirefox.com/).  Things we would need:
   - someone to draw buttons/banners
   - someone to put them up on the site
   - someone to e-mail/blog about putting them up on any supporters site.

Note: be brilliant if we could do something automated/animated that counted down until launch and then afterwards was just a standard button.

- Encourage blog posts
We should encourage and actively solicit people to blog about their GNOME 2.14 experiences during the release period and particularly after launch.  We can remind people about the key features so they have some areas to concentrate on.  With our performance improvements even people who may previously been negative should "look again".  Things we could do:
  - encourage testers
  - encourage testers to blog their experiences
  - actively look for past blog posts referencing GNOME experiences and ask people to have another go.
  - ask supporters/users to blog how they are finding GNOME now - favourite things in GNOME.

- Come up with something wacky
You may remember that when Evolution 1.0 was released there was some wackiness - http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/2002/evolution/
Has anyone got any ideas on how we could do something similarly creative?
Things we need:
  - someone to come up with an idea
  - commitment from people to make it happen

- Actively contact media that has previously reviewed us
Contact media/outlets that have previously reviewed GNOME and tell them about our new upcoming release.  This gives them a chance to try again, and we can help by being available with assistance or commentary.
  - someone to draw up a list of previous reviews (some on live.gnome.org already)
  - people who will actively contact media
  - someone to split media by contact and check that all are followed up.

- Contact traditional media that has not reviewed us.
Try for traditional media that hasn't previously reviewed us and see if they would be interested in trying.  We can send a liveCD or whatever.  We'd probably need some specific stories for particular classes of media: for general computing media the line could be that "GNOME 2.14 brings VOIP to all" with Ekiga.
  - someone has to draw up a list of features for 2.14
  - list of media verticals/specific sites/magazines to approach
  - list of approaches for each vertical
  - set of people who will approach some of the media outlets.

Anyone agree this is a good idea AND willing to work on it?

Steve