Re: 2.16 slogan and banner

Quim Gil wrote:
Good to see more mockups, that was quick!

Agreed, "Simply powerful" is a better slogan. This is the new default
candidate. If you can beat it, beat it.

In any case, new candidates for the slogan should refer to the concept
of "more things, better integrated".
So, sorry for the "Your way home" slogan because it goes too off the way
of what we want to explain for the 2.16 release. This doesn't mean you
can't work on a promotional GNOME banner, the idea is not bad and the
first drafts you send are interesting, worth working.

Once the concept is clear and we have a stronger slogan, let's
concentrate on the design.

From Pano's work I like the floating icons as shown in
http://panos.solhost.org/mockups/gnome-banner-02.png . It looks a bit...
conservative though. If we want to express "simply powerful" why don't
having stronger differences of size (I insist: have you tried playing
with oversized logos as you have never seen them in your desktop), and
not any linear position.

(I have just received http://www.rootshell.be/~loopback/gnomebanner/ -
I'll ad some comments while Luca introduces it to the list)
Hi!
Great stuff, looks great!
Just a quick note about both those submittions. They sport icons from tango-icon-theme, not gnome-icon-theme. Both have been drawn using the same guidelines, but tango-icon-theme is not included in GNOME. The gnome-icon-theme can be found in the gnome cvs. [1] Btw, gnome-icon-theme is not the only icon set that has a new face, check out Crux and Mist in cvs!

1. For those new to cvs (and artists like me who have a hard time remembering commands), make sure you have cvs and run:
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co gnome-icon-theme

- Andreas