Re: 2.16 logo and banner

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 18:38 +0300, Panos Laganakos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made a couple of quick mockups for a new Gnome banner.
>
> Check 'em out here:
>
> http://panos.solhost.org/mockups/gnome-banner-01.png
> http://panos.solhost.org/mockups/gnome-banner-02.png

Woah. Pretty cool. I like the attention to detail with the shadows on
the path. In general I think I prefer the second the first seems to
dark. Although the halos around the icons are cool.

You definitely need to change the font for the the text though. It looks
too childish. I would just go for something vera-esque. Secondly I think
the search bit in the corner is somewhat superfluous and not really
necessary and just looks a bit out of place.

I'm not quite sure what this idea of "Your way home" is trying to say.
But you've definitely got yourself a nice way to say it.

Cheers,

Rob
--
Rob Bradford <rob robster org uk>